Micronutrients, as opposed to macronutrients (protein, carbohydrates and fat), are comprised of vitamins and minerals which are required in small quantities to ensure normal metabolism, growth and physical well‐being.
Your genetics, aging, lifestyle, chronic illness, and medications all affect your cellular nutrient absorption. The intracellular portion of Vibrant’s micronutrient test takes all the above factors into consideration to identify your cellular nutrient absorption status. This test can reveal a person’s functional nutritional status over a much longer time (4-6 months) than extracellular testing.
Almost every physiological function in your body requires micronutrients to function optimally. Vitamin, minerals and anti-oxidants play a key role in:
- Producing and releasing energy.
- Strengthening the immune system.
- Reducing systemic inflammation.
- Protecting against free radical damage.
- Maintaining a healthy hormonal balance (i.e. thyroid, sex hormones, adrenal hormones, neurotransmitters/brain hormones, etc.).
- Maintaining insulin sensitivity.
- Slowing down cellular aging.
- Promoting the health of all tissues: skin, bone, brain, breast, gut, prostate, heart, muscle, organs, etc.
- Protecting against the development, progression, and recurrence of cancer.
Knowing both your extracellular and intracellular micronutrient levels are key to a thorough understanding of your nutritional requirements at a foundational level, which may contribute to your risk for disease, while simultaneously and positively impacting your overall health and well-being.
This testing would be most beneficial if you:
A. Suffer from
- Chronic diseases like diabetes, cardiovascular conditions, and/or arthritis.
- Skin problems.
- Numbness/tingling in your hands or feet.
- Weakened Immune system.
- Digestive issues/disorders like celiac, wheat sensitivity, IBS, IBD, and SIBO.
B. Are experiencing
- Advanced aging.
- Stress, feeling tired, or chronic fatigue.
C. Have a history of
- Long-term use of prescription medications.
- Poor diet.
D. Are Someone who is a
- Athletic competitor/exercise regularly.
- Vegan or Vegetarian.
Bundle includes test and 2 consults with Amanda, our Dietitian.